Sunday, July 29, 2007

Our last day...

We had promised the girls we would walk across this bridge. It is the longest pedestrian-only bridge in the world. It is 3/4 mile long and extremely beautiful. The picture on the sidebar is this same bridge. I took that picture from the boat our first day in Chattanooga.

By the time we walked all the way to the bridge, we were hot and tired already, but we were committed. And we did it. We walked across the entire thing. This may not seem like much of an accomplishment to some of you, but for my tired and cranky family of 5...it was quite the doing!


This is just to prove that I actually was on the trip. And yes, that is a souvenir T-shirt I am wearing. It is tradition and I love tradition! So for those of you who don't "do" souvenir T-shirts, don't mock...you know I look cute!

3 comments:

kg said...

I love how you documented this entire trip! So fun and yes you look cute :)

Anonymous said...

What a fun trip! Totally makes me miss Chattanooga. And you and your cute fam.

Anonymous said...

we lived in Chattanooga for 8 months in 2002-2003--it looks like you enjoyed it--we lived at the top of the pedestrian bridge--I loved it! My husband is not a city boy and was more than ready to get out of there. :( Laura